Join The Blue Growth Farm team in Reggio Calabria (Italy) on 11 September!
The purpose of the Blue Growth Farm (BGF) project is to design large floating offshore structures that are multi-purpose: they will host a smart fish farm and systems to produce energy from renewable sources (wind and wave). The project will deploy a small-scale prototype at the Natural Ocean Engineering Laboratory in 2020. In advance of this deployment we would like to explore opinions about the public benefits and social acceptability of such structures.
The workshop will be hold in Italian and it aims at:
- providing stakeholders with an overview of the project and the potential benefits of these multi-purpose offshore structures for communities such as those in Reggio Calabria;
- describing the experimental plan that will be carried out at the Natural Ocean Engineering Laboratory premises in Reggio Calabria in September 2020;
- promoting involvement, collaboration and knowledge sharing in order to optimise the implementation of the project in the Mediterranean Sea;
- answering questions and obtaining feedback from stakeholders, including positive aspects, added values, potential barriers, suggestions on how to improve;
- setting up a ‘Stakeholder Reference Group’ that will meet again in 04/2020 and 01/2021.
We extend this invitation to representatives of Public Authorities, Industry and Business Associations, Citizen Organizations, Blue Growth Operators, Universities and Research Institutions, in fact all organisations with maritime interests in Reggio Calabria.
Blue Growth Farm will be represented by personnel from the project co-ordinator RINA Consulting (Genoa), and project partners: Università Mediterranea, NOEL (Reggio Calabria), the University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland), the Scottish Association for Marine Science (Oban, Scotland) and Chlamys srl (Trani).
The event is free and a lunch will be offered: view the agenda and register here!